Trent and Dan spend a good amount of time this weekend playing soccer in the basement, baseball down the hallway, football in the bedroom, and of course Trent's favorite, 'wrastling'. We had a few bumps and bruises but the house was still standing afterwards.
2. Get caught up on dvr'd t.v. shows
Our dvr was pretty full going into the weekend but it is pretty empty now. I just finished the last 3 week's worth of '24' episodes tonight. Things are not looking good for Jack, I had to cover my head with a blanket just to get through the last 5 minutes. I think that it might be good that this is the last season of '24'. This has been my favorite show for the past many many years, but I think that both myself and Jack will crack if we share many more stressful episodes together.
3. Go Geocaching
I have been listening to podcasts on my commute to and from work the past few months. They are very addicting and I have been learning quite a few random and worthless things. One of the shows that I have been listening to is "Stuff You Should Know" where they did a podcast on geocaching. It sounded pretty interesting so I checked out the website and saw that there were quite a few "caches" near our house. Since it was raining and we couldn't do much else I talked Dan into trying it out with me. I think he thought I was nuts. It is basically like a treasure hunt using GPS coordinates. Trent was very excited that we were going on a treasure hunt but said, "I don't have any pirate clothes!" Our first trip was a total bust and we couldn't figure it out. We went to these random places in Old Valmeyer near our house and felt like somebody was playing a trick on us. We thought that the whole thing was an elaborate ruse such as snipe hunting or cow tipping. We went to three places and found nothing. Trent said that maybe some bigger pirates had already taken the treasure. We learned quite a bit about Monroe County history though. We finally gave up and came home for lunch after about an hour. If we would have been on 'The Amazing Race' we would have been the team that all the viewers at home were laughing at.
It was really bothering me that we couldn't figure this out so we tried again after dinner at a place that was just 2 minutes from our house and we found one! It was so exciting! Today we went over to Kenny and Linda's to pick up a trailer so we stopped at a few spots and found two more on the way. I doubt that we do many more until the next rainy day comes around but I thought that it was really interesting and fun. I would recommend it for something out of the ordinary to do, all you need is your trusty Garmin, a raincoat, and your pirate clothes.
Sorry that there are no pictures of any of these activities!
You forgot #4 - Go to Mawmaw's house!
ReplyDelete