Thursday, June 16, 2011

Seattle - Part 1

It has been about 1 month since our Seattle vacation. Since I am already ready for another vacation I thought I would relive our vacation by updating some blog pictures.

Our first day of vacation we got into Seattle in the late afternoon and spent the rest of the day settling into our house and swimming. We somehow forgot to take any pictures of our little house or of us swimming. Swimming was definitely Trent's favorite part. The house that we rented had a full size indoor pool, it was perfect for our stay.

We had a busy day on our first full day in Seattle. We started by going to the Pike's Market. Trent enjoyed sampling some fresh fruit and we walked around people watching and checking things out. Supposedly, this is the most photographed sign in Seattle. We did not get a picture of the second most photographed sign in Seattle which we were told was a pink elephant car wash sign.

Our next stop was a tour of Seattle by going to "Ride the Duck". This picture taken from "the duck" is of the house that was in Sleepless in Seattle. I had never seen Sleepless in Seattle so I watched it after we got home and that is a pretty good movie.

Next we went to see the view from the Space Needle.

We have approximately 100 pictures similar to this one of the Seattle skyline that Dan took if anybody is interested.

The Glaenzer Family from the Space Needle

Dan was quite proud of this picture but I think that Trent looks slightly frightened.

After the Space Needle, we found this great park to play at.

It had a great view of Seattle so we were able to accumulate approximately 43 more pictures of the Seattle skyline.

We had a great view of Mount Rainier. It was only the 14th day in 2011 that Mount Rainier was visible from Seattle. We were so lucky, it was clear and visible for 3 of the 5 days that we were in Seattle. In a normal year it is only visible 90 days out of the year.

We became very obsessed with Mount Rainier, but it was just so awesome that we couldn't stop talking, looking, and photographing it!

After the park, we went to eat at Ray's Boathouse. It was delicious and quite fancy. I had the most awesome King Crab dinner. We had an amazing view of the sunset over Puget Sound as we ate. After Ray's, we went back to see the city from the Space Needle at night. By the end of the day we were quite happy and exhausted from such a great day of vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Where did I go wrong, hadn't seen Sleepless in Seattle or White Christmas? Next you'll tell me you haven't seen It's A Wonderful Life!

    ReplyDelete