Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Brynn's Room

Towards the end of last year, we moved Trent's room and started working on the baby's room.  If Trent's Room was brought to you by Pinterest, then Brynn's was inspired by Etsy.

I found this mobile on Etsy and fell in love with it.  I planned the rest of the room around it.  I ordered the mobile about 3 months before Brynn was born but received it 2 weeks after she was born.  This caused me some "mild" aggravation (the mild comment would be disputed by those who watched me check the mail daily) but looks great now and I am very happy with how it turned out.

Another Etsy purchase (ignore the broken frame, a replacement is on its way)

A coworker gave this to me as a baby gift.  It looks great on Brynn's bedroom door.

Etsy again, I REALLY love Etsy.

These came all the way from Australia (and still arrived before the balloon mobile!)

My mom helped with the window valance using material left over from the awesome quilt that she made for Brynn.  I forgot to take a close up picture of the balloon hoop art (left of the window) but it is one of my favorite things in the room (did I mention I found it on Etsy)

Very talented Grandma Debbie (Grandma to Cousin Leah) made this great embroidery picture as a gift for Brynn.  In case you can't see in the picture it says, "Brynn - you are what happened when I wished upon a star"  I love it, it is so perfect for Brynn.  Sharing the shelf is more hoop art (Etsy!!!) and a cute piggy bank that was a gift from one of my closest friends.

Of course, the real focal point of the room is the bed and dresser made by my Dad.  He has made these beautiful pieces for all of his grandkids (and for one for my cousin's son too).  So far he has used maple, cherry, and walnut, but Brynn's shown here is White Oak.  Very fitting since it was made in his workshop on White Oak Road.

Matching dresser (I painted the knobs but would like to switch out for another color eventually, I just used the paint leftover from Trent's room project -  Trent's Room )

Balloon and dot wall decals on grey walls.  My awesome Aunt Pat volunteered (and then refused to take no for an answer) to paint the walls.  I left for work one day and came home to a beautifully painted room.  She is awesome!  This is a theme, we are blessed by a whole host of amazing and generous family and friends.  

The end product might have turned out a little bit busier than I had originally planned but it makes me very happy and I hope that it will be a place with lots of happy hours for Brynn over the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. Brynn, you sure have a cute room. And your mom says she isn't crafty or creative.

    ReplyDelete